Winz00e (ver 6.0)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Tutorial] Simple .ANI Tutorial

+4
Sankarea
Minty Kitty
mangak (GONE)
CometStrife
8 posters

Page 3 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Go down

[Tutorial] Simple .ANI Tutorial - Page 3 Empty Re: [Tutorial] Simple .ANI Tutorial

Post by Guest Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:09 pm

shanksd.black wrote:
AzureCrow wrote:he's the admin lol
and hikari? whats a Gaijin? Why do they call foreigners gaijin? lol
OH!I will be bannet for for blasphemy!

Lol I am his right-hand assistant. I will make sure you don't get banned :)
Mangaka/OOF is one of my best friends, and I've been helping him run the place by helping him avoid disasterous situations. But since you have no direct disgust against the admin, I don't see any reason for you to be banned.
After all, during "The War", we were all shooting guns AT EACHOTHER!

Manga Vs. Azure
Me vs. Rockfire
Wind00m vs. The World

So yeah, let's put the harsh past aside. It was a very retarded nerd-flame-war.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

[Tutorial] Simple .ANI Tutorial - Page 3 Empty Re: [Tutorial] Simple .ANI Tutorial

Post by Guest Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:25 pm

oh and FYI shanks, for future reference, mangakaninja aka manga was also known as oof
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:10 pm

@ Cometstrife _ Do you have any experience with .hod editing? I have figured out how to exchange position data, but only within the same script. I get errors when attempting to swap position data for different units. For example: I would like to make a script that has the same parts position data as the gfas x-1 destroy that is not based on a KD 06_3..or a KD 08_2 that is the same general size as a blackcomb. Will there be anything in your completed tutorial on the subject?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:23 pm

AzureCrow wrote:oh and FYI shanks, for future reference, mangakaninja aka manga was also known as oof
I see the life,,is very interesting..for some this forum transcends beyond the word I can see the personalities for all.what fun!
Good people..not passworks.
my english..sorry ::fzeff::
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:22 am

dont worry :D some people really have bad english literacy but we dont give a fuck about that so feel free to speak english even if it has some errors..... :D
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:09 am

Damocles wrote:@ Cometstrife _ Do you have any experience with .hod editing? I have figured out how to exchange position data, but only within the same script. I get errors when attempting to swap position data for different units. For example: I would like to make a script that has the same parts position data as the gfas x-1 destroy that is not based on a KD 06_3..or a KD 08_2 that is the same general size as a blackcomb. Will there be anything in your completed tutorial on the subject?

you may have to wait... he's kinda busy with his coursework lately
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CometStrife Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:53 am

@ Damocles
sorry for the late reply. my junior college life has started so yeah. i have also figured out how to exchange the position data. its usually (in hex workshop full screen 1280 x 800), 1 bar and 5 more data bits from the first data with a value other than (00), and i don't think i have the time to complete this tutorial till december..
it's possible to use the position datas from other scripts and place it into a different script
CometStrife
CometStrife
(40%)-Lv7
(40%)-Lv7

Currently : Earth

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:10 pm

O.K. One more question about .hod editing. Have you been able to determine what hex values control the vertical position of an object? What makes the "giant" .ani possible? Hope I'm making sense here. I'm trying to understand how to change the size of a mech through editing the .hod. Thanks again for all of your responses. You have been a tremendous resource. In fact, you're the FIRST person who has been able ( or willing ) to answer these kind of questions for me.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:05 pm

Another question, any idea how to change the texture and damage for beam rifle shots or the damage done by melee attacks? As I'm also pretty busy all the time now though, no hurry or anything.

Last edited by arc_angel_0506 on Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:10 pm

Damocles wrote:O.K. One more question about .hod editing. Have you been able to determine what hex values control the vertical position of an object? What makes the "giant" .ani possible? Hope I'm making sense here. I'm trying to understand how to change the size of a mech through editing the .hod. Thanks again for all of your responses. You have been a tremendous resource. In fact, you're the FIRST person who has been able ( or willing ) to answer these kind of questions for me.

So you're saying that the hex numbers describe the Z-axis in 3-dimensional space?
Interesting..
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CometStrife Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:54 am

@ Damocles

Sorry for the late reply. have been bombarded with homework like crazy.. if you want to make a mech giant, just copy the first data of each parts and paste it to the ani you want giant. that simple. the parts of the first data determines the size, place etc of the part. the latter decides where the attacks (if applicable) comes out from.
CometStrife
CometStrife
(40%)-Lv7
(40%)-Lv7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:13 am

psycho and destroy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:27 am

O.K. now when you say copy the first data of each parts what exactly do you mean? Position data in the .hod for each part..or tail.dat data? I'm lost here.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CometStrife Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:52 am

position data in the .hod files for each part :D NEVER for tail.dat. anything in tail.dat relates to attack, and special effects, ALWAYS. anything in .hod files always relates to the parts of the mechs.

The good thing about .hod files is that you can mess around with it, and chances are there will NEVER be anything wrong with it, so you can try experimenting all kinds of weird weird random data that you type, however, you can't do the same for tail.dat cause anything wrong can result in the crashing of the game

@Kira

cute avatar btw :D
CometStrife
CometStrife
(40%)-Lv7
(40%)-Lv7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:55 am

So if I want to create a new type of transformation, I'll have to mess up the .hod, right?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CometStrife Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:28 am

basically, by messing it up, not necessarily the results would be nice.. of course you will have to mess up the right thing to
CometStrife
CometStrife
(40%)-Lv7
(40%)-Lv7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:34 pm

CometStrife wrote:
Damocles wrote:@ Cometstrife - I was wondering if you have had any success with editing newer scripts. For example- is it possible to use the machine gun of a KD05_5
in a KD06_0 script as a sub attack? I have made some progress with .ani editing, but I don't know of any other English speakers who are advanced enough that they can understand my questions.

yes i did. an example would be the KD-05_4 script that i edited for duke in the downloads section. it is possible to use that machine gun. but i would reccommend it to be in subattack 1 of KD-06_0, cus its the only tail.dat large enough to contain the machine gun stats

can you explain how??
for starters how i'm gonna open the ani for kd5-5? i always get errors...
then.....how do i do the transplant? and << tail.dat large enough >> what do you mean?? kb/mb? I\'m shooting you!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CometStrife Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:18 am

you should not start from that piece of unexplained information... that is for advanced learners. to BREAK DOWN NOT OPEN the ani for kd-05_5... sorry i guess you just didn't read the first page. anis from version 2.000+ and above is UN-DECOMPOSABLE, unless the china genius who made the ani tool is able to make another one to break it down.
CometStrife
CometStrife
(40%)-Lv7
(40%)-Lv7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:16 am

no no i've read it but just not all of it..i've made great progress cause of it! very usefull! you did great job....

but if i can't BREaK IT DOWN..how can i edit it? i opened it with a hex editor but was too huge and couldn't find any code....! just hod file-things..
and you mentioned that you did edit the kd 5-5 and that it is possible to put the sub gatling attack in a different script... could you explain how you did it?

if you don't upload more advanced tactics , is impossible for me to advance! hahahahaha
thanks in advance.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CometStrife Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:30 am

CometStrife wrote:anis from version 2.000+ and above is UN-DECOMPOSABLE, unless the china genius who made the ani tool is able to make another one to break it down.

read it? you can edit using hex workshop only. to find the things simply ctrl + f to find lol.and it is possible to place the gattling attack in other scripts. analyse what causes the gattling, and just simply copy that part of data into the subattack of the other script that you want.

the following scripts are "new anis"
- KD-04_4
- KD-05_4
- KD-05_5
- KD-08_5
- KD-08_6
- KD-08_7
- KD-08_7_2

and i can't spend too much time writing tutorials now. i am busy with my coursework (just in case you didn't browse through the forums)
CometStrife
CometStrife
(40%)-Lv7
(40%)-Lv7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:35 am

I suggest looking at youtube for tutorial's :)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:36 am

ok i'll try that.... but i had problems with that program (maybe cause of win7) and couldn't save my work...and so i'm using an other one HEX EDITOR NEOS .... i just wanted to know if that's the way for sure....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CometStrife Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:55 am

TheZeroGraphics wrote:I suggest looking at youtube for tutorial's :)

youtube does not have any tutorials at all, except for the ones that are posted by Damocles.

@bam77
yup that is the way, and good luck with your journey to become a pro ani editor :D
CometStrife
CometStrife
(40%)-Lv7
(40%)-Lv7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:02 pm

i'm having a problem...with kd 07 first sub attack.... i want to change the beams to missiles...WeaponAttack(6,15,6,30) that 15 really piss me of!

i turned it into 3 and ...failed!
any idea?
oh and i have seen it every where that i can't turn the attack into anything i want..... is there a system behind it? or is there a function in the scripts that i must change ??
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CometStrife Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:03 am

how did you change it? it should be through hex editor. DO NOT DELETE ANY DATA FROM THERE. i suspect its the way you change that the problem is there.
instead of
WeaponAttack(6,15,6,30)
you have to change it to
WeaponAttack(6, 3,6,30) or
WeaponAttack(6,3 ,6,30)
basically like that, and don't forget the ; behind, so it should look something like this
WeaponAttack(6, 3,6,30);

for either part of the spaces, change to (00) or (20) to remove one part to become 3, instead of 15
CometStrife
CometStrife
(40%)-Lv7
(40%)-Lv7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next