Winz00e (ver 6.0)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Tutorial] Another Method for Changing Default Background Music (BGM) of a Map

3 posters

Go down

[Tutorial] Another Method for Changing Default Background Music (BGM) of a Map Empty [Tutorial] Another Method for Changing Default Background Music (BGM) of a Map

Post by Guest Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:29 am

Another Method for Changing Default Background Music (BGM) of a Map

Do you remember the tutorial that I posted on winz00e on map modding? (Link: http://www.winz00e.com/t3457-tutorial-comprehensive-map-modding) In that tutorial, I had taught you on how to change the default BGM by replacing the original BGM’s name to another name according to the no. of letters.

Now, I have already discovered the other way to change the default BGM without being worried about how you renamed it then according to the no. of letters.

What you will need:
a) Any HEX editor software (for this tutorial I use HEX Workshop)
b) Basic knowledge on map.mpd settings
c) A calculator
d) Basic knowledge on mathematical calculation :P

Here’s on how is done:

1. First, select any BGM that you like. Make sure it have already converted into .ogg
Note: For this tutorial, I use Hametsu no Kaze from Gundam AGE OST Volume 3 and map.mpd from moon map

2. Rename it to any name that you like.
e.g. I changed the name of BGM into “Hametsu no Kaze”
[Tutorial] Another Method for Changing Default Background Music (BGM) of a Map Map2ra

3. Open the map.mpd using HEX editor program

4. Look up for the name of default BGM that used by map on the map.mpd
[Tutorial] Another Method for Changing Default Background Music (BGM) of a Map Map1r

5. Count the no. of letters of the default BGM and your customized BGM including spacing
e.g. “Light Breeze” has 12 letters including spacing whereas “Hametsu no Kaze” has 15 letters.

6. Rename the default BGM to “Hametsu no Kaze” and……….
[Tutorial] Another Method for Changing Default Background Music (BGM) of a Map Map3m
………you noticed that there is no enough space for adding another 3 more letters. Don’t worry about that :)

7. Right-click after the letter “K” and select “Insert”
[Tutorial] Another Method for Changing Default Background Music (BGM) of a Map Map4w
Because I need another 3 more letters, just insert 3 bytes then press OK
[Tutorial] Another Method for Changing Default Background Music (BGM) of a Map Map5v

8. Then, another 3 spaces will be added and fill in the remaining letters
[Tutorial] Another Method for Changing Default Background Music (BGM) of a Map Map6yvd

[Tutorial] Another Method for Changing Default Background Music (BGM) of a Map Map7f

9. However, it’s not done yet. Because you have just added 3 letters, you need to change this data that I have highlighted in black:
[Tutorial] Another Method for Changing Default Background Music (BGM) of a Map Map8

10. Go to the data inspector column and change this value that I circled:
[Tutorial] Another Method for Changing Default Background Music (BGM) of a Map Map9
e.g. Because I have added another 3 letters, you need to calculate 64 plus 3:
64 + 3 = 67
So, it equals to 67

11. Change the value to 67:
[Tutorial] Another Method for Changing Default Background Music (BGM) of a Map Map10x

12. Then, save your work and test it on your UWKXP game. Done!

NOTE:
How about if your BGM’s no. of letters is less than the default BGM?
e.g. I use Zeydra from Gundam AGE OST Volume 2. It has only 6 letters compared to “Light Breeze" which has 12 letters.

To solve this problem:
1. Repeat Step 1 until 5

2. Rename it to “Zeydra”
[Tutorial] Another Method for Changing Default Background Music (BGM) of a Map Map11a
How about the other letters (Breeze)? Just hightlight “Breeze” and delete it
[Tutorial] Another Method for Changing Default Background Music (BGM) of a Map Map12

[Tutorial] Another Method for Changing Default Background Music (BGM) of a Map Map13

3. Because you have just delete the extra 6 letters, go to Step 10 and change the value:
e.g. Because I have deleted the 6 letters, so calculate 64 minus 6:
64 – 6 = 58
So, it equals to 58

4. After that, repeat Step 11
[Tutorial] Another Method for Changing Default Background Music (BGM) of a Map Map14h

5. Save your work and test it on your UKWXP game. Done :)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

[Tutorial] Another Method for Changing Default Background Music (BGM) of a Map Empty Re: [Tutorial] Another Method for Changing Default Background Music (BGM) of a Map

Post by Sankarea Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:38 am

(y) big thanks to you cloud,with your tutorial,now i can edit map.mpd without crashing
Sankarea
Sankarea
(20%)-Lv8
(20%)-Lv8

Currently : Al-Revis Academy

Back to top Go down

[Tutorial] Another Method for Changing Default Background Music (BGM) of a Map Empty Re: [Tutorial] Another Method for Changing Default Background Music (BGM) of a Map

Post by Guest Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:47 am

No problem. Hopefully everyone can utilize for map modding :)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CometStrife Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:57 am

NICE! I see you've applied the use of hex editing Dude! Good Job!
CometStrife
CometStrife
(40%)-Lv7
(40%)-Lv7

Currently : Earth

Back to top Go down

Post by N- 打具ヴぁーぜ場 Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:41 am

This thing realy helpfull..thanks
N- 打具ヴぁーぜ場
N- 打具ヴぁーぜ場
(20%)-Lv5
(20%)-Lv5

Currently : INDONESIA

http://www.voca-night-class.indonesianforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down